This Window (UK) was formed by Peter Bright around 1985; earlier tape experiments exist from 1979 to 1984. These tape experiments formed the basic philosophy of This Window. The analogue tape machine became the main instrument used to create ‘songs’. This interest in experimentation had been nurtured whilst being a member of the Exeter College of Art bands, T.34 (1978 – 1980) and The Urge (1979). The Urge supported Adam and the Ants and Bauhaus and were offered a record contract with 4AD but decided to split up and consequently didn’t sign. In A Glass Darkly (1981) was a project with the lead singer from The Urge, Russell Young and two ballet dancers who performed to a tape backing track of a dripping tap, only a handful of gigs were played in London. This project ended and Peter later joined Finish The Story (1981 -1986) as guitarist.
The perfect conduit for This Window’s music and art was the Cassette Culture and Mail Art scenes. These networks of artists and musicians encouraged an early form of open source cooperation, with projects being shared and created. This methodology fitted in with This Window’s approach to creativity.
Over the years This Window became the pseudonym of Peter Bright.
- Produced the Finish The Story Track on Gunfire and Pianos (SITU 17) released by ZigZag/Situation Two in 1985
- Engineered and remastered The Dancing Did live tracks on Cherry Red Records’ release And Did Those Feet (cdmred320) 2007
- Review in German magazine ‘Epitaph’ 1991, contains list of solo releases from 1988 – 1991 
- Review and interview with the BBC in 2005 about the release of ‘The Sampler #05′. There is a link on this page to an audio clip of the interview.
- Review by Mick Mercer:  in 2007
- Review in Grave Jibes Fanzine (Russia) February 2010  pages 64 to 71. This includes an interview and a review of ‘Cassette Culture 1989 – 2009′
- Article on early experiences of home taping  from the ‘The Living Archive Of Underground Music’
- Links to paintings for sale (myartmydisease.wordpress.com)
- Spaceage Gorilla original painting $70.00 (myartmydisease.wordpress.com)
- 1978 – painting Guy the Gorilla Original painting by Peter Bright. Title: 1978 Media: Painting and Screen Print on canvas, signed. Size: 600mm x 500mm Includes original 1970′s frame. £285.85… Continue reading →
- The singer songwriter Clifford T. Ward was Peter Bright’s English teacher at North Bromsgrove High School
- Peter Bright helped design and make John Bonham‘s gravestone
- Peter Bright made page two of The Financial Times on 3 May 2000 with an Internet project InMemoryOf.co.uk 
- Married to the author and TV script writer Veronica Henry
This Window. (2011, April 16). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 09:50, August 30, 2011, from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=This_Window&oldid=424397868
Download UK Album Cassette Culture 1989 – 2009